SIN 132-56 is a streamlined way for the Government to find your Services.
By the end of 2017, the Health IT government marketplace will be valued at $31.3 billion. This 7.4 % growth subsequently means that there is an increase in customer requests for Health IT Solutions. In June of 2016, the General Services Administration (GSA) rolled out a new addition to Schedule 70s new Health IT Special Item Number (SIN) 132-56. Here’s what you need to know about this SIN, its benefits and selling on this schedule. Since the introduction of the new SIN, 197 contractors have been added to this category.
A few of the Health IT SIN services include:
- Connected Health Services
- Services to assist in electronic health records
- Health analytics
- Health informatics
- Health information exchanges and management
- Innovative solutions
- Emerging research
The GSA’s decision to add the new SIN was driven by the rapid growth of healthcare markets within the federal space.
The Health IT marketplace has now become felicitous, after the recent calls for reform in military and civilian healthcare. While IT services exist within other SINs, the growing healthcare industry and its customers gain more from its own specialized IT SIN.
The Defense Health Agency allowed the GSA to become the singular procurement solutions for Health IT. The Veterans Health Administration refers vendors to the Schedule 70 SIN for their Health IT needs as well. The SIN provides Federal, State and Local Agencies with streamlined and cost-effective procurement of Health IT services.
Overall this categorized SIN will allow for easy find research and easy buy solutions for agencies to obtain services from pre-qualified Health IT services. Contractors are also given more visibility through listing their services under 132-56 as opposed to the general IT services SIN.
A year later – new updates:
- Further simplified eMod/eOffer process.
- The Fast Lane Price Proposal Spreadsheet Template has been modified as part of this process.
- Submitting competitor rates is no longer required.
Remember these facts about Schedule 70 SIN 132-56 Health IT:
- Both existing and new industry partners have the opportunity to contract within the Health IT SIN!
- There is no restriction on the number of current IT Schedule 70 holders for the SIN.
- Both small and large businesses are welcome within SIN 132-56.
- The Health IT SIN only includes services, not products.
- Both new and existing contractors have the opportunity to be listed as contractors under the SIN, although the on-boarding process differs depending on contract status.
You can learn more about the updates to pricing and becoming listed under this SIN on GSA Interact.
Do you have any questions about getting on the Health IT schedule? Let us know in the comment section below!